7.27.2005

Monkeywrench

Been away recently.

Not easy sometimes spilling thoughts into electronica.

Especially when they seem irrelevant or just damn conspiratorial or just fucking contrary.

I wonder if Cassandra felt that way? Poor Troy.

Several things, just pick the most recent:

Twin Towers felled. Pentagon penetrated.

Color codes installed.

Iraq invaded.

Icecaps melting.

London bombed. Then London almost bombed again. Then trigger happy deputy shoots Brazilian who oops ended up being not a terrorist. Our sister city cracked open from below to reveal her angry hurt heart.

Egypt bombed. My ancient soul home that I've never laid these eyes on ripped open by hatred and fear.

Truck bombs daily in Baghdad. Truck bombs daily in civilization womb.

Toxins in our mamaearth, in our mamawater, in our childrenbodies.

What we wrought? We = all, not W, not Rush, not Rove, not queers, not breeders, not vegetarians, not ___fill in blank with insult of your choice. We = all. I been a liar and a cheat too, so I throw no stones.

What we wrought?

To bring what?

Politics NOT= solution.

Solution = elsewhere.
Hope yet:

Yoda said: Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

bullshit:
Democrat or Republican,
Liberal or Conservative,
Terrorism or Anti-Terrorism,
Abortion or ProLife,
Family Values or Gay,
US or Them,
either/or; all a/k/a: Newspeak

Real = soul center. Real = heart speak.

false dichotomies = fallacy
fallacy = misconception resulting from incorrect reasoning

:( fallacy that WORKS.
WORKS: steers dialogue with power.

Monkeywrench:

Lets be real.
Life is in the center.
Not on the edges.
Edge-thinking leads to desparate thinking.
Desparate thinking leads to bad decisions.
Bad decisions lead to bad shit happening.

From center all views possible.
Free will in action.

Yoda said: Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Don't wring your hands over things out of your control.
Don't whine about things in your control.
Don't cry.
Just be.
Just do what you must to make your soul whole.

To make their souls whole, good Catholics confess. I admire confession for its cleansing power. Mortal sins are sins for very good reasons. They also lead to bad decisions and bad shit happening either to yourself or to others or both.

Mortal sins = Pride, Covetousness, Lust, Anger, Gluttony, Envy, and Sloth

Been guilty of every last one.

Confession in the Catholic catechism isn't just about spilling your guts with all the gory details of the bad shit you've done or thought. Confession is about admitting the sin itself and then going forward with prayerful meditation and a firm resolve not to repeat the sin.

Lest you think I count myself a good Catholic (I admire many tenets of Catholicism but will not insult truly good Catholics by calling my existential pagan self one), I only use the sacrament of confession that as a specific example because I grew up and am intimately familiar with Catholic rituals and teachings. Bhuddists and Hindus and Moslems and the rest all have ways of making the soul whole. Do yours. I just did mine.

Yoda said: Do. Or do not. There is no try.

May the Force be with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger andi said...

Fucking ALPHA, sister mine.

Yoda ROCKS.

8:33 AM  
Blogger andi said...

OK enough cheerleading. this brings up issues that have been on my mind for a while now.

i agree that solutions will not be found in politics. people outside the political sphere are going to have to come up with solutions. people in the political sphere are too busy holding onto their positions or trying to climb that funky ladder to come up with real, imaginative, soul-rich solutions.

but given the political system we are stuck with, that's how the solutions are going to be implemented - if they're implemented at all.

there's a guy who's been risking his life daily in Iraq (not that he's the only one, of course) mediating between the various and sundry factions (and there are something like twelve major ones, i think, so this dude is BUSY.) He finally came to Washington to present possibilities to the bigwigs. Nada. No bite.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/20050725/a_way_out_of_iraq.php

My question is, how do I live in a society where my paycheck funds the Global Stuggle For Violent Extremism? How do I do my job at a company that supplies bomb manufacturers? And if I choose to remove myself from that situation of complacent safety, what are the consequences?

I believe in personal peace. I believe in balance. I believe in helping others achieve balance. But what I see around me is blindness, not balance. People close their eyes, stop up their ears.

The challenge, as I see it, is NOT to find balance in spite of chaos by blocking it out. The challenge is to embrace the chaos, accept it, and still work from that warm, loving center you spoke of. To use our abilities as humans holistically, and in the process, create solutions that transcend bullshit dichotomies.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home